California Sober Housing for Sustained Recovery
Situated on California’s stunning Central Coast, The Haven at Pismo is an idyllic setting where clients seek serenity, build thriving relationships and pursue healing from drug or alcohol dependency. As part of our integrated recovery program for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, we currently offer a transitional living program for male clients who have completed residential treatment or are enrolled in The Haven’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) or Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). A female-only transitional house is soon to come.
The Haven’s Transitional Living is a structured environment where residents are accountable to their housemates and an on-site house manager. Participants follow designated procedures and agree to a lifestyle covenant. In exchange for this commitment, they enjoy amenity-rich surroundings where they live out what they’ve learned in recovery and begin to fully embrace a substance-free lifestyle. Most importantly, The Haven at Pismo Transitional Living presents a unique opportunity for Haven clients to gradually implement best practices learned at The Haven residences in a real world environment.
Features of The Haven Transitional Living
The Haven’s Transitional Living Program is a peaceful, supportive environment that includes these features:
- Private & shared rooms. Depending on preference and room availability, Haven accommodations are available in private and shared configurations. Each bedroom includes a full, private bath.
- Unparalleled views. Located above the coves, tide pools and bluffs at Pismo’s Shell Beach, Haven’s transitional living community enjoys a blend of year-round sun and coastal charm.
- In-house, chef-prepared dinners. At the Haven, we believe food is one of life’s joys, in addition to providing fuel for the recovery journey. Our facility is home to a skilled culinary team, and residents of our transitional homes enjoy nightly, nutrient-dense meals that incorporate farm-to-table options, organic local produce, and special nutritional requirements.
- Morning meditation. Our residents’ practice of morning meditation helps them start the day off right, focus their minds, and stay centered as they go about work, leisure and daily routines.
Benefits of Choosing Transitional Living
For many people, transitional living is a natural step in the progression of substance or co-occurring disorder recovery. The goal of The Haven’s Transitional Living Program is to help men and women successfully reintegrate themselves into their families, workplaces and social circles while encouraging lifestyle choices that promote a sustained, thriving sobriety.
Transitional living at Pismo Beach provides clients a safety net with a number of proven benefits:
- Emotional support that reduces risk of relapse.
- Opportunities to develop new patterns of living & improve critical life skills.
- Access to therapists, addiction specialists & sober support teams.
- Regular drug tests & accountability practices.
Transitional living at The Haven is welcoming, confidential and staffed by a team dedicated to providing the tools and support you need to live life substance free. To speak with a recovery advisor or reserve a room in our transitional homes in Pismo Beach, call 805.202.3440 now.