Psychotherapy, group, and individual counseling are the cornerstones of effective substance abuse or co-occurring disorder treatment. Haven at Pismo’s licensed clinicians use proven techniques to challenge clients and facilitate growth during group therapy sessions.
Advantages of Group Therapy for Rehab
Peer-oriented therapy serves a variety of purposes and offers distinct benefits for Haven clients.
- Educational opportunities. Psycho-educational sessions teach members of your group about the nature of co-occurring disorders or substance abuse patterns. As you progress through rehab, this knowledge becomes foundational to the sobriety journey.
- Collaborative sharing & peer support. Group therapy provides the opportunity to share and process positive or negative experiences, celebrate successes, and provide mutually beneficial feedback.
- Friendship & camaraderie. By interacting with men or women engaged in similar struggles to your own, you develop trusting relationships. In some cases, profound friendships evolve from these experiences.
- Life skills development. Together with your therapy colleagues, you learn or re-learn functional skills that carry into post-rehab life. Toolbox topics include communication techniques, relationship building, anger management, trigger identification, career & financial planning, and family dynamics.
- Experiential therapy. The Haven at Pismo’s adventure therapy program gives groups the chance to take what they have learned and apply it to real-life situations in a fun, challenging outdoor setting.
"The Haven and its staff members really had my back... I might not be alive today if it were not for what they did for me."
Licensed Addiction Professionals
Clients enrolled in our residential programs, co-occurring disorder treatment, PHPs, or OPs participate in regular group therapy led by licensed mental health professionals. In this safe, supportive environment, Haven clients process emotions, build relationships, and pursue sobriety together. To begin the admissions process, contact a Haven Recovery Advisor at 805.202.3440 or submit a confidential inquiry now.